Open Tuesday to Sunday from 8am
Please note they operate depending on the weather. If you’re unsure, look out for their coffee sign on Leigh Road.
Check out the gigs at the Mill over the weekend of April 8-10.
Come and celebrate 20 years of the Sawmill Cafe
Easter Sunday 27th March 2016 at Leigh School
Leigh School Fundraiser: 9am to 2pm, rain or shine. Join us for games, goodies, food, fun, raffles, rides, auctions, activities, stalls, slides, music and much more.
The kids will love boogie boarding down the enormous Ice Slide and we’ll keep them entertained with a host of activities, fun-fair styled rides and games.
Our Quick-Fire Raffles are renowned for the freshest fish, oyster, smoked fish & crayfish prizes. There’s an amazing Silent Auction which is very generously supported by local businesses. Bag a bargain at the auction or hunt for treasures at one of our stalls, including bric-a-brac, plants, fruit and veges, books etc.
The onsite cafe and kai options include excellent local food, plus delicious home baking, Hot Cross Buns and great coffee.
As well as the usual activities at Goat Island check out other things to do!
- The Sawmill Cafe has several gigs: Friday – The Freestylers and Saturday – Tune of I +.
- Saturday at 5pm Blue Voluntours have organised a Beach Clean Up at Goat Island.
- Visit the Goat Island Marine Discovery Centre – open 10-4.
- NZ’s only Reptile Park at Ti Point has some amazing animals.
- Pick up a Leigh Walk brochure and explore the area.
- It’s not far to the Matakana Markets or Movies.
The sun shone and the sea was nice and calm. Great conditions for Goat Island Marine Reserve.
What do you do in Leigh when the sea is too rough for all our wonderful water activities?
Here are a few things to enjoy:
- Learn and see more at the Goat Island Marine Discovery Centre
- See the reptiles at the Ti Point Reptile Park
- Pick up a Leigh Walks brochure and stride away
- See what fossils you can find at low tide at Matheson Bay
- Beautiful beach walks – Pakiri, Tawharanui and much more!
- Matakana Markets, village and movies
- Sample some local wines at nearby vineyards
- Check out some properties for sale – you know you want to stay